Every Thanksgiving week there is an intensive training program in Europe for worlds style/WUDC/BP debating. It takes place in Slovenia, but it has leading figures from around the world of debate acting as instructors. It has had incredible results, helping teams break at worlds itself by giving them an extra edge. I routinely send some of my medium-experienced debaters there and they benefit amazingly. Last year the team came home and won three tournaments. The year before that the team went on to the main break at worlds in Africa.

It is also highly useful for a coach looking for super pointers on how to train in this format.

Last year there were over 100 attendees. It has five intensive workshop days and then a major tournament, last year 60 teams.

Now, I bet you are thinking it costs too much. Well, it isn't cheap, but consider:

Find out more at
http://debateacademy.net/Debate_Academy/IDA_Slovenia.html

Oh yeah, and it takes place in the absolutely beautiful Julian Alps.

Feel free to ask me questions. Or email [log in to unmask] with questions.

If you have been there and have a comment, please feel free to join in.

Tuna
--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont