We are now at 58 teams in WUDC, with Claremont, Colgate, Cornell and
more saying they are coming.
Just let us know round numbers and hired judging needs. We will use
hired judging fees to bring in some of the best. Entries can, of course,
be changed as needed as we get closer. Right now we wan to make sure we
have enough rooms and food.

We are proud to announce our team for motions and training:

  * CA Mary Nugent, University of Vermont, formerly director of debate
    and training at Cambridge UK, judge of WUDC final.
  * DCA Paul Gross, University of Vermont, top speaker at a number of
    tournaments.
  * DCA John Sadek, University of Vermont, Northeast Regional champion
    2011, IDAS champion 2010.
  * DCA Jessica Bullock, University of Vermont, Northeast Regional
    champion 2011, IDAS champion 2010.

We will stage a public debate on Friday night 4 November 2011 in Marsh
Life Sciences 235 at 7 PM. This is our third year of such a debate, and
we hope to draw a big crowd. We hope that many of you can come!

  * Motion: THW lower the drinking age to 18.
  * We know this isn't an exciting motion for you, but we want to draw a
    crowd for a public debate.
  * 1st prop: St. John's
  * 2nd prop: Bard College
  * 1st opp: Claremont Colleges
  * 2nd opp: University of Vermont

There are updates at the tournament website. Note that new hotels are
available at reasonable rates.
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/huber/Welcome.html

The excitement is building!

Tuna
<http://vimeo.com/30788491>

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont