-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Cornell IV 2012 and US Novice WUDC National Championship
Invitation
Date: 	Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:01:38 -0400
From: 	Alex Just <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	Alfred Snider <[log in to unmask]>
CC: 	Samuel Mayer Nelson <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Tuna,

Please could you post this to the GlobalDebate Blog and all the
appropriate debate list-serves?!

Best wishes,

Alex

_*Cornell IV 2012 and US Novice WUDC National Championship*_

Dear friends,

Escape to the paradise of Ithaca for a unique and historic debate event!

Cornell Forensics Society invites you to participate in either of the
tournaments we are offering; the*Cornell IV 2012* OR the first*US Novice
WUDC National Championship* which will both take place February 11-12, 2012.

The event will be hosted by Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.

The tournament is open to U.S. and international colleges and
universities providing an excellent opportunity for your programme to
show off its WUDC stars!

The Cornell IV 2012 will feature five preliminary debates and
elimination rounds determined by the number of participants. All rounds
will be debated in the British Parliamentary (“Worlds”) format. The
event is open to all students.

The first US Novice WUDC Nationals will feature five preliminary debates
and elimination rounds determined by the number of participants. All
rounds will be debated in the British Parliamentary (“Worlds”) format.
The definition of Novice we will be using is a student who has never
competed in any form of college-level debate before this academic year.

We are anxious to harness the growing pool of talented student judges in
the US, so would ask all schools to send as many of your experienced
debaters as possible to help make the event a great learning experience
for the Novices. We expect all teams to be in compliance with N-1. There
will be penalty fees for any uncovered teams.

Entry fees will be $45 per person (including judges and others in
attendance) and $250 for each uncovered uncovered registered team.

We are also delighted to announce that our Chief Adjudicator for both
tournaments will be Alex Worsnip (Yale, The Oxford Union) a former CA of
the Oxford IV and a Grand Finalist at the WUDC. Tuna Snider will be
helping to run the tab.

To register your teams/adjudicators please email:
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*

If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding
the tournament, travel, or Cornell University, please do not hesitate to
contact either of us. All of us at Cornell look forward to seeing you
next February at the Cornell IV 2012 and the first US WUDC Novice
National Championship.

Best wishes,

Sam Nelson and Alex Just

Director of Forensics and Worlds Debate Coach