-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cornell IV 2012 and US Novice WUDC National Championship Invitation
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:01:38 -0400
From: Alex Just <[log in to unmask]>
To: Alfred Snider <[log in to unmask]>
CC: Samuel Mayer Nelson <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Tuna,

Please could you post this to the GlobalDebate Blog and all the appropriate debate list-serves?!

Best wishes,

Alex

Cornell IV 2012 and US Novice WUDC National Championship

Dear friends,

Escape to the paradise of Ithaca for a unique and historic debate event!

Cornell Forensics Society invites you to participate in either of the tournaments we are offering; the Cornell IV 2012 OR the first US Novice WUDC National Championship which will both take place February 11-12, 2012.

The event will be hosted by Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.

The tournament is open to U.S. and international colleges and universities providing an excellent opportunity for your programme to show off its WUDC stars!

The Cornell IV 2012 will feature five preliminary debates and elimination rounds determined by the number of participants. All rounds will be debated in the British Parliamentary (“Worlds”) format. The event is open to all students.

The first US Novice WUDC Nationals will feature five preliminary debates and elimination rounds determined by the number of participants. All rounds will be debated in the British Parliamentary (“Worlds”) format. The definition of Novice we will be using is a student who has never competed in any form of college-level debate before this academic year.

We are anxious to harness the growing pool of talented student judges in the US, so would ask all schools to send as many of your experienced debaters as possible to help make the event a great learning experience for the Novices. We expect all teams to be in compliance with N-1. There will be penalty fees for any uncovered teams.

Entry fees will be $45 per person (including judges and others in attendance) and $250 for each uncovered uncovered registered team.

We are also delighted to announce that our Chief Adjudicator for both tournaments will be Alex Worsnip (Yale, The Oxford Union) a former CA of the Oxford IV and a Grand Finalist at the WUDC. Tuna Snider will be helping to run the tab.

To register your teams/adjudicators please email: [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding the tournament, travel, or Cornell University, please do not hesitate to contact either of us. All of us at Cornell look forward to seeing you next February at the Cornell IV 2012 and the first US WUDC Novice National Championship.

Best wishes,

Sam Nelson and Alex Just

Director of Forensics and Worlds Debate Coach