Bill    -   In 2008 my son and I spent 15 or more days in Bill Sladyk WMA
scouting for and then hunting for moose. We did not see Gray Jays (but we
did spot a group of Spruce Grouse one evening).   -   Russ

Date:    Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:54:34 +0000
From:    "William H. Barnard" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Gray Jay

Looking at the eBird account of the Gray Jay.  Trying to located additional=
populations.  They used to be reported to me from the Bill Sladyk WMA in N=
orton but I have not seen any reports from there recently.  Perhaps the bir=
ders do not go that far, hitting instead the usual Moose Pond area for bore=
al species.  Has anyone been to Bill Sladyk recently and seen any Gray Jays=
?

Would like to know other locations that people have seen this bird other th=
an Moose Bog, S. Amer. Pond Rd., Victory Bog, or Ferdinand.   I have found =
them on Peanut Road in the Refuge.  Other places?

Bill Barnard
Biology Department
Norwich University
Northfield, VT 05663