The Kehoe fishing access on the southwest side of Lake Bomoseen probably
gives the most expansive view of the lake. I made a stop there on my way home
in  the late afternoon with the chance of repeating yesterday's Red-necked
Phalarope  sighting.
There was a gentle north wind and some wave action.
Scanning the lake produced only three birds a Common Loon, a Ring-billed
Gull and a Bonaparte's Gull.  I was focused on the Bonaparte's  Gull and
while watching its feeding/pecking action a juvenile Red-necked  Phalarope swam
past followed about a minute later by an adult phalarope in  nonbreeding
plumage. The size difference between the Bonaparte's Gull and the  phalaropes
was impressively revealing!

Lake  Bomoseen-Castleton (2360 acres), Rutland, US-VT
Oct 6, 2011 3:30 PM - 4:00  PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Viewed from Kehoe  fishing access.  Gentle north wind and
waves.
4 species

Common  Loon  1
Red-necked Phalarope  2     One juvenile and  one adult in nonbreeding
plumage. Both birds seen in vicinity of Bonaparte's  Gull.
Bonaparte's Gull  1
Ring-billed Gull  1

This report  was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/vt)

Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
The Gables at East Mountain, Rutland,  Vermont

Speaking the same language.