There was a Blue Grosbeak around 9AM in the weedy area around the stump dump
off of Stebbins Rd in Vernon, the exact same location as the ones found last
fall on 10/20. I first observed it in the weeds, then it flew into the area
with the taller sumac. It eventually perched near the top of the sumac long
enough for me to hold my camera up and snap a poor, foggy photo; you can
barely make out the wing bars. I'll post it on Vt eBird later. I tried to
relocate the bird for about an hour after the initial sighting without luck.
I'll try to relocate the bird later today.