Wondered why I was not getting any emails from the list.  Discovered that I had gone "nomail" months ago.

A person who lives on the west slope of the Northfield Mt. range in Northfield just called me regarding a bird he saw for about 15 seconds.  Very long narrow tapering wings.  Long in proportion to body.  White breast.

This person used to do hawkwatchs with me and would know an osprey.  He said he thought wing  length was longer that osprey or eagle but admitted he had no way to gauge that.    I recall that a shearwater was seen after Irene.  Any ideas?

Bill Barnard
Northfield, VT 05663