That's what it is...a very worn Hybrid Admiral.

Alex

From: Vermont Butterfly Survey [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Theresa Armata [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 5:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Belated mystery butterfly

It appears to be a very worn White Admiral/Red Spotted Purple.
    Terri Armata
On Oct 10, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Rkruetzman wrote:

Here is a picture I took on 9-3-11 of a very bedragled butterfly.  I keep looking at it and think I should know what it is but now I am stumped.  Does anyone out there have an ID for this poor guy?<Mystery Brown.jpg>

CAUTION PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is intended to be sent only to the stated recipient of the transmission.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that we do not intend to waive
any privilege that might ordinarily be attached to this communication. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this
transmission is therefore prohibited. You are further asked to notify us of
any such error in transmission as soon as possible at the telephone
number/email address shown above. Thank you for your cooperation.