It is (very) most likely a (worn) female Eastern Comma...It is highly doubtful that it is a Satyr Comma...but we would have to see the underside to be sure...Anyway, Satyr Comma does not occur in VT and has also become very scarce or absent anywhere in northern New England (NH and Maine) in recent years.

Alex

From: Vermont Butterfly Survey [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rkruetzman
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 4:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mystery Comma

Hi All

Here is a picture of a Comma I took on May 25.  I filed the picture at the time because I could not conclude an identidty from either Cech and Tudor or Glassberg.  I am now looking at the photo again and the passage of time has not provided any enlightenment.  Anyone out there have an ID?

Russ Kruetzman, Andover

CAUTION PLEASE NOTE: The information contained in this transmission is intended to be sent only to the stated recipient of the transmission.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's agent, you are hereby notified that we do not intend to waive
any privilege that might ordinarily be attached to this communication. Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of the information contained in this
transmission is therefore prohibited. You are further asked to notify us of
any such error in transmission as soon as possible at the telephone
number/email address shown above. Thank you for your cooperation.