odds:

(number of years snow on ground Nov 11):(number of years snow not on ground
on Nov 11)

it's worth noting this is different from probability (aka "likelihood")
which is:

(number of years snow on ground Nov 11)/[(number of years snow on ground Nov
11)+(number of years snow not on ground Nov 11)]

the rest of the calculations are left as an exercise to the reader.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM, S H <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Planning to ski Nov 11 at Killington (because I have Veteran's Day off and
> I have a conference in Saratoga and will be within 1 1/2 hrs of Killington)
>
> What are the odds of skiable snow?
>
> What are the odds that the lifts will be turning?
>
> As usual, my friends think I'm nuts for even thinking of this, but I have
> skied on Veteran's day before. It has been a KOD or very close to it.
>
> Peak foliage has passed. I've already put my ski boots on in the living
> room while watching ski porn. My personal ski tuner (Bubba) will be starting
> to work on my skis next week. I booked a trip to Tahoe already. I'm ready
> for ski season, are you?
>
> -Sh

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."