Nice Scott!

You fearing temps at all? I've noticed a slight warming trend in the GFS
(which fits the general pattern all mid-Sept.to mid-Oct.) run to run...
definitely something to keep an eye on either way!

Each signal seems to be a bit colder recently :D

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM, John Bonin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> SCOTT!!!!!!!
>
> YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!
>
> YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!
>
> The season is finally beginning.
>
> I'm so happy now.
>
> SNOW.
>
> Oh, finally.........
>
> John Bonin
>  On Oct 15, 2011 1:22 PM, "Scott Braaten" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Ok, we are getting into mid-October... it is time for Mother Nature to
>> step
>> up and bring us some snow.  I've got some good feelings towards the end of
>> October but before that there's a shot of at least a light snowfall later
>> this week.
>>
>> First off... very small chance of snow on the summits of northern 'Dacks
>> and
>> northern Greens late tonight/early tomorrow morning, and then again on
>> Monday.  Snow levels will be very high up near 4,000ft so I'm not holding
>> my
>> breath.  Maybe the radio towers and Chin on Mansfield will be rimed up or
>> dusted but aside from that we'll have to wait till later this week.
>>
>> In the middle of the week a storm system will move up the Appalachians
>> with
>> secondary cyclogenesis occurring just off the eastern seaboard in New
>> England.  This secondary storm should deepen quickly through the Gulf of
>> Maine and into the Canadian maritimes, dragging cold air from NW to SE
>> across the northeast and New England.  This would happen sometime on
>> Wednesday into Thursday.
>>
>> This push of cold air associated with the upper level trough, could bring
>> the first lake effect and upslope snows to the higher terrain from
>> northern
>> VT southwest through NY state, and down the Appalachian spine in PA and
>> WV.
>>  Up here in the Greens... the H85 wind streamlines look extremely
>> favorable
>> with the classic NW flow.  Moisture from the storm in the Maritimes slowly
>> wraps its way back down into the area and would be forced out of the sky
>> by
>> these NW winds upsloping into the usual suspects of the northern shelf of
>> the 'Dacks and Greens.
>>
>> Of course, this is still 5-6 days away but its the first thing that has
>> gotten my attention this fall.  Any snow would fall on Thursday, maybe
>> lingering into Friday morning.  We will have to see how this evolves over
>> the next several days.
>>
>> -Scott
>>
>> ps: Late in October there looks to be signals for an east coast trough and
>> some storminess.  That'll be the next chance after later this week.

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."