They're probably thinking: "thank god those dirtbags aren't coming back." XD

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Jeremy Malczyk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:44:11 -0400, Brad McCusker
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Mark is right - I don't think many people were using it for its intended
>purpose.

For the intended purpose of selling more tickets, then no. But you could make
the argument that it pulled in revenue from people who would otherwise never
buy a ticket. Some percentage of those people do spend money on the
mountain in the form of food, forgotten gear in the shop, whatever, at a time
of day when most of the skiing public is just getting out of bed. I'm sure
they've done the math on it, but for my friends and family, not having the free
hour will mean going elsewhere.

>I know many people who would be renting homes/condos for their vacations
>and they would only ski the free hour for most days of their vacation.
>Up early, ski like mad, end up at a remote lodge, leisurely breakfast,
>then head back to the condo/house whatever.  These people will no doubt
>now go buy at least one day's ticket, maybe more.

How many of those people will not bother renting at Okemo at all now? The
free hour was a sort of insurance for when the weather and snow was likely to
be terrible elsewhere. The question comes up all the time with us, "weather
looks crappy, breakable crust in the BC, should we even go to VT this
weekend?", with the answer being "lets just go to Ludlow, it's close, and
there's always the free hour".

Jerm

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."