On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Ed Malczyk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

BTW where are the rest of you protesters.  I'm sitting here in Ludlow in the park next to the Hatchery with a "Need Not Greed" sign.  Some long haired girl is next to me banging on a drum.  And we're ready to march, (somewhere).

Come on, the only way to affect change in our society is by starting a protest group on Facebook, not by actually occupying anything.

Unfortunately, the death of the free hour also means the death of the singularly Malczykian vision of turning Okemo into the entry point for a backcountry paradise, whereby a single free lift ride up the Northstar Express at 8:59am would lead to an endless bounty of secret glades, deep powder and bright sun, to be interrupted only by one's own exhaustion and the onset of nightfall (and even that part was debatable). Okemo may only receive 120" of snow annually, but ancient records show that its sidecountry gets 4 times that in just the month of December. A paradise lost, indeed!

Evan