Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday November18, 2011 on
the Maquam/Black Creek Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot at the
former refuge headquarters.  Heading west on Route 78 from Swanton, the
parking lot is on the left at the first signs for the refuge.  If you have
any questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget
Butler and Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge
board members.

After 20 months of walks we have observed 106 species.  Last month we added
a Northern Shrike to our list.

Hope to see you there!

--Ken Copenhaver