Hi VTBirders,

I've heard this phenomenon referred to as Autumnal Recrudescence, and it is
caused by the day length this time of year being similar to the day length
in spring when Woodcocks are *supposed to* be peenting.  This affects other
taxon besides birds... anyone else ever hear Spring Peepers making noise in
the fall?

Good birding,
 - Larry