Pelican was observed from the time of my arrival at 8:30 am until it
departed 15 minutes later.  It was not observed feeding.  When it took  off it
circled the pond a couple of times and then spiraled upwards moving in an  ESE
direction directly into the sun from where I was standing.  Wind was  from
the WNW.
I will post a link to an image on the RCAS web site.

Kent Pond,  Rutland, US-VT
Nov 17, 2011 8:30 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol:  Stationary
Comments:     Observations made from two  localities.  Observed White
Pelican from 08:30 hrs to 08:45 hrs.  It  departed flying in a ESE direction.
Photographed.
4  species

Canada Goose  7
Mallard  4
Double-crested  Cormorant  1
American White Pelican  1     Observed  and photographed.  Will submit RSD
to committee.  Departed in ESE  direction at 08:45 hours.

Lefferts Pond, Rutland, US-VT
Nov 17, 2011  9:50 AM - 10:15 AM
Protocol: Stationary
8 species

Canada  Goose  166     Feeding.
American Black Duck   2
Mallard  10
Ring-necked Duck  1
Hooded Merganser   2
Blue Jay  3
Common Raven  2
American Goldfinch   2

Lefferts Pond, Rutland, US-VT
Nov 17, 2011 9:50 AM - 10:15  AM
Protocol: Stationary
8 species

Canada Goose  166   Feeding.
American Black Duck  2
Mallard   10
Ring-necked Duck  1
Hooded Merganser  2
Blue Jay   3
Common Raven  2
American Goldfinch  2

Also observed an  apparent wounded deer while scoping the reservoir that
was reported to local  Game Warden.

Cheers,
Roy Pilcher
The Gables at East Mountain, Rutland,  Vermont

Speaking the same language.