I arrived at the farm (see Ian's directions before) about 11am to find
Roy, Henry and Brendan there waiting for the bird to appear.
It finally appeared at about 11:30am, coming up the road extension
mentioned before, stopping at roadside posts and fences on the way to
the south end of the barn. It looked about for insects there a bit and
then disappeared around the corner of the barn to the west. Although Roy
and I eventually checked on the other side of the barn, we aren't sure
where it went.
Other birds seen included House Sparrows, Rock Pigeons, Downy W,
Pileated W, and Chickadee.
Hope it survives and stays, despite the snow on the ground and drizzling
wet snow coming down today.
Larry Haugh
Shelburne, VT