Last evening seemed like a good opportunity to find a Short-eared Owl.
So I headed to Gage Road in Addison.  Shortly thereafter Brendan Collins
and Henry Trombley arrived, having had the same thought.  As twilight
deepened, two Short-eared Owls darting and twisting close to each other
appeared in a distant field north of Gage Road.  We lost track of one,
but watched the other sweep back and forth a time or two, then in an
instant settled out of sight.  We did not see it again.

My list of birds for the evening are below.

Ian

{p.s.  I've figured that an evening would be ideal for seeing a
Short-eared Owl many times .... only to discover no owls.}
------------------
Gage Road, Addison, US-VT
Nov 5, 2011 5:05 PM - 6:45 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Brendan Collins, Henry Trombley, Ian Worley
6 species

Snow Goose  4500
Canada Goose  380
Northern Harrier  2