In over two hours of counting for Project Feederwatch this a.m.  I have a total of two birds, a male downy and one chickadee.

Marcia in Brownsville

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
To: VTBIRD <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Nov 12, 2011 8:31 am
Subject: [VTBIRD] Back Yard Activity

Good Morning All,
I have been slowly introducing my feeders to the back yard and finally put out
y suet feeders last weekend.  We have had several bear sightings in the area
nd until last weekend I was bring in all of the feeders at sundown and puyting
hem back out in the morning.  Today is also the first day of feeder watch and
f course I ending up with waves of goldfinches and tufted titmouse (titmices?).
he count for the latter is usually 3-5 for an half hour but today's count was
8.  No Junco's!  They are not too common at my feeders at the best of time (2-3
er half hour), but I seldom get skunked.  Also no nuthatches.  However the
irst of the winter at the feeder was a red bellied woodpecker.
Cheers,
Bob