Well not seen in the 'flesh', just on the screen of The Big Year.  Those of us at the movie had some discussion about just what woodpecker this was!   I did find it mentioned in the latest edition of Nat Geo Guide, but not even Sibley mentions it as a vagrant. Where was Bostick when he saw this bird?  It was right after he and his guide were racing to find a Snowy Owl and they smashed the car sideways into a tree.   I liked the movie, esp for the human touch to birding... and how it affects non-birders!  Also liked the info that was included about some species altho I thought it funny that they showed a winter plumage A Golden Plover as Harris' favorite bird, rather than the more colorful breeding bird.  But then, it wasn't the color that impressed Harris.

Ruth Stewart

E. Dorset, VT