Every once in a while over the course of the last 10 years or so I have seen a swan. I don't know if they nested there or not but, if so, it is new.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ruth Stewart<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 2:33 PM
  Subject: [VTBIRD] FW: eBird Report - Tomhannock Reservoir, Nov 11, 2011

  Altho a bit tardy with report, I'm curious about the mute swans seen along Rte 9 as you cross the reservoir.  It appeared to be mom, pop and cygnets.  Anyone know if these guys nested here?  Is that new?   We were delighted with the B Eagles, surprised by the Bonaparte Gulls, and disappointed that there were so few ducks/duck species.  I looked at our trip list from Nov 6 last year and it was much more diverse - higher numbers of ducks; not quite so many CAGO!  The latter were large congregations everywhere on the water, not just the N and S ends.

  Ruth Stewart

  E. Dorset, VT