Hello VTBirders,

     I was curious about the latest date anyone might've had the four Bristol Pd. Sandhill Cranes this year (last post I see on the listserve is Ken Cox's on 11/11, when there were at least two still there)?

     I am curious about this because Dave Gagne, our Hawk Counter at Chestnut Ridge Hawkwatch in Bedford, NY, saw four Sandhill Cranes fly by the hawkwatch this afternoon.  While there are certainly more and more Sandhill Cranes in the Northeast these days, there still aren't all that many, and I started wondering about the recent whereabouts of the VT birds.

Thanks for any reports, and good birding,

Tait

Tait Johansson
Naturalist
Bedford Audubon Society