Others may have more detailed answers, but I can tell you that the
"Synthesis SyncML" client used for most other mobile devices is also
available for Android:
http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=L3U_LIVE&&
<http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=L3U_LIVE&&>
($22 for Standard, $52 for Pro)
More info on the product versions here:
http://www.synthesis.ch/dl_client.php?bp=CPDA&pv=ANDROID
<http://www.synthesis.ch/dl_client.php?bp=CPDA&pv=ANDROID>

Configuration of the product is pretty similar between different
devices.  The instructions for Apple iOS should get you 95% of the way
there on Android:
http://www.uvm.edu/it/handheld/?Page=apple/amcalendar.html&SM=submenu1.html
<http://www.uvm.edu/it/handheld/?Page=apple/amcalendar.html&SM=submenu1.html>

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251