We are deferring the retirement of the WebDAV service on "webfiles.uvm.edu" while we explore other options that could replace and enhance this service.  At present, we are experimenting with a third-party web-based file manager that would present files on multiple file servers though a single web interface.

If we choose to deploy this service, we likely will stop allowing use of the SFTP protocol on "webfiles.uvm.edu", and instead move that protocol directly to "files.uvm.edu".  In this case, Internet access to "files.uvm.edu" using SFTP likely will require a VPN connection.

We will keep this list updated when we have more information.  A new plan should be announced before the end of the month.

-J. Greg Mackinnon | ETS Systems Architecture and Administration | x68251