Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday December 17, 2011 on
the Jeep Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the Louie's Landing boat launch parking
lot.  Heading west on Route 78 from Swanton, the parking lot is on the
right.  We will meet at the gate and drive back to Mac's Bend for the
walk.  If you have any questions, just reply to this email.

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Bridget
Butler and Ken Copenhaver, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge
board members.

After 21 months of walks we have observed 106 species.  Hope to see you
there!

--Ken Copenhaver