One of my favorites is an 'abattoir' of shrikes.  (My French isn't great,
but I believe it means 'slaughterhouse'.)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara Powers" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2011 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Bird Trivia

In cleaning out a drawer I came across this list of groupings. Maybe you
know others - a charm of finches, a parliament or a stare of owls, a
convocation of
eagles, an exaltation of larks, a murmuration of starlings, an ostentation
of peacocks, a spring of teals, a team of ducks, a volery of birds, a watch
of nightingales, a wing or a congregation of plovers, a wedge of swans, a
sedge of herons, a nye of pheasants, a siege of bitterns, a walk of snipe, a
full of woodcock, a park of jays, a colony of penguins, an unkindness of
ravens, a ratter of turkeys, and a company of parrots.Barbara
PowersManchester Center