As a follow up regarding Robins. Yesterday, 12/27, I stopped by the
Charlotte post office and on my way in noticed quite a few robins
hopping about the lawn and in the trees . Within the next 30 minutes I
had counted over 1200! Loose flocks intermittently passed over head,
some stopped to feed on crabapples  and buckthorn but all were moving
south. Not to be undone , a murmuration of a few hundred  starlings
bobbed and weaved overhead  on their way to roost.  There seems to be
a lot of robins around . Today I counted over 400 in Williston and
Shelburne and earlier in the week 200+ in Hinesburg. Just think of all
the buckthorn fruit being dispersed about the Champlain Valley...
Paul Wieczoreck,
Hinesburg