From: "anneboby" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Winter Mystery ID

My first inclination was F Black-throated Blue, but the more I looked at it,
the more I questioned that choice, because I cannot be certain that the
white "wingspot" is not a wingbar (at the tips of the greater secondary
coverts) of a Pine Warbler rather than the white bases of the primaries of a
Black-throated Blue.

Pine Warblers are a more hardy species and more likely to be found very
early in the Spring, as well as out of season in the Fall.  This bird has
the shape of a Pine.  A Redstart or Yellow it is not.

Get more pictures,

Bob Yunick
Schenectady, NY