Dear Colleagues:
This is the research question I've been given by a manager.  She would like research or evidence that organizations/businesses/hospitals that institute either a  meeting-free Friday/Monday or a "meeting free zone" e.g. meetings are to begin after 10 am (so between 8 am & 10 am each weekday, no meetings can be scheduled) increase or improve staff/patient satisfaction/manager engagement or increase productivity.

What was mentioned that sparked this question:  the Studer Group has a tip that nurse managers not schedule meetings before 10 am so that they can either be rounding on patients or employees.  My customer wants data to support the implementation of a meeting-free period.

I've searched AcademicPremiere and Google Scholar.  I actually found the Studer Group tip, but it does not provide a reference.  The terms I've been using are "meeting free day" or "too many meetings".

I would love to find some data/research rather than anecdotal reports to give this manager because a meeting-free day sounds wonderful to me!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lisa McCormick, MSLS, AHIP Health Sciences Library The Jewish Hospital Cincinnati, OH 45236 [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] 513-686-5422 (voice) 513-686-5418 (fax)