From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sheila Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pubmed Search Builder problems

Note that many things can be "fixed" by using the Edit link under the top
search box, into which one can no longer type directly.

For example, if I want to search a title phrase, cat scratch fever, typing
the words into the builder with the Title qualifier results in:

"cat[Title] AND scratch[Title] AND fever[Title]"

being put into the top box; the retrieval will be zero. But using the edit,
I can change the box to read:

"cat scratch fever"[Title]

which works fine.

About the Limits, I have no idea; I don't see a link anywhere, either.

Sheila Thomas
UAMS Library
Little Rock, AR
686-6736

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy Policy and Henry Ford My Health at www.henryford.com for more detailed information. If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.