Greetings, fellow Medlibbers-

Is there a general statistic on the overall effectiveness of
prescription drugs?

What I'm looking for is "generally speaking, prescription medications
are effective in XX%  of people who try them."

Also, effectiveness percentages for specific drugs would be helpful; if
you know of such a resource please do share.  Here is one I already
located:

http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/centers-institutes/evidence-based-policy
-center/derp/index.cfm/

All help appreciated.  There is no hurry on this.

Donna Beales, MLIS
Lowell General Hospital
Health Science Library
295 Varnum Ave.
Lowell, MA 01854
Email: dbeales AT lowellgeneral.org
http://www.lowellgeneral.org/library
<http://www.lowellgeneral.org/library>

Tel. 978-937-6247
Fax 978-937-6855

Thank you for using our services.

Tell us how we're doing.
<http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=BMDHI_cd5c65f1>

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the use
of the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure under applicable law.  Any review, disclosure, transmission,
dissemination, copying or other use of this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the
sender and delete the related message.  Thank you.