Wow!  What a difference a day and three or four new inches up top makes.  I got my money’s worth today at Vail.  They finally opened Riva Ridge, plus Chair 10 as well as Two Elks.  Lots of nice fluff on top.  We spent much of the afternoon in the front side trees, which actually skied ok, despite the thin cover.

Tonight there is a lot of new snow on the ground again.  It started snowing at dusk, and it’s not expected to stop until morning.  It looks like one or more bowls might partially open by Friday.

Not sure it’s worth the $109.00 (yes, price bumped a buck from Tuesday) walk-up rate, but it sure as heck is worth the $29.00 Epic pass rate that I’m paying by season’s end.  A great night at Bart and Yeti’s with a bunch of rippin’ young locals sharing some secret stashes topped it off.

Man, I love this place.

Only downer today was blowing a buckle off one of my Scarpas, which cost me over an hour in down time by the time I got it fixed at the Boot Lab (for free yet, not including tip)

Leigh