Because they have a new lift that they are calling the Bluebird because it has a blue bubble over the chairs ($3000 fine for vandalism on them and they claim they have cameras) yesterday was $39 if you wore blue so I got out my old smelly blue parka to get the bargain and it was  a blue bird day and they only had two ways down the front but at Mt. Snow all the trails on the front are the same so who cares but the good thing was they left the one trail on north face ungroomed and even if the bumps were actually snowmaking whales it was good to get in some real 'early season' skiing bump skiing
And an aside for any foot ball fans, since it was a blue day some kid was skiing in a blue Giants Brandon Jacobs jersey and he was heading straight downhill, not dancing and lets hope the real thing follows suit on Saturday.