Sucky joke to go with sucky winter as I sit here bored to tears watching it drip off the eaves.    Right about now MRG is probably liquidating.  Get it?? Liquid.  How come no one is laughing??  Jimski

--- On Fri, 12/30/11, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Sucky Winter - we are not alone
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, December 30, 2011, 5:44 PM

At 11:17 AM 12/30/2011, Jim Crowley wrote:

Mike T. wrote:
wow 20"? Mad River opened the whole mountain with that.

Well, most of that 20" was low density snow that fell in November and is long gone.

But still, I look at the webcam and think "It looks pretty good, I'd ski that":
http://www.bogusbasin.org/cam_data/basearea/video.jpg

Your average Idaho skier wouldn't go anywhere near it will less than 2 feet more of base.

Are you forgetting that our underlayment in the west tends to be rocks and not grass and leaves? Are you also forgetting that most of the time we're simply not that desperate?