There's about 210cm at treeline at Icefall Lodge, Durrand reported 37cm last night on roughly 250cm base and I see on sitonmyFacebook where someone is reporting 750m verts worth of face shots in one of Denis' favourite lines (Crowfoot Trees).

The surface hoar we observed at Icefall is an issue in Rogers Pass and North Columbia region.

PLUS, MRG will be spinning lifts tomorrow ................. need reports from the skinnin' 'n grinnin' fests held today.  I'm envious in advance.

Mark P. Renson

From: Randy Witlicki <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:08 AM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] [ Alps doing quite well ] Re: Sucky Winter - we are not alone

Weather guru Roger said:
>  In Addition - to these lovely notes - Europe is sucking right along.

  From a continental snow cover perspective, yes:

  http://www.natice.noaa.gov/pub/ims/ims_gif/DATA/cursnow_asiaeurope.gif

  ( from: http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/  )

  But there have been major snowfalls, especially in the week before Christmas. The French Alps had over a meter of snow, avalanche danger at 5 out of 5, major road closures, etc.
  Check out the pre-Christmas Val d'Isere snow blower picture about a third of the way down:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=82612&start=200
  Chamonix (near the France/Switzerland/Italy tri-border) is reporting up to 310 cm base and St Anton am Arlberg in western Austria is reporting up to 230 cm.  On the other hand, the Dolomites in Italy are reported to have well below normal snow cover.

  Some Europe links:
  http://www.snowheads.com/
    Very active British centric forums about Europe skiing.
    ( in particular the 11/12 Weather Outlook in Snow Reports is good)

  A couple of blogs:
http://www.henrysavalanchetalk.com/hat-piste-snow-report-30-december-northern-french-alps

  http://www.pistetopowder.com/snow-report-stanton-stuben-zuers-lech.html

  - Randy

  (personal interest: going to the Arlberg in Late January)