Correction: My SL explorations were "professional" but not with students. I
haven't been in for a while...

*Eric Hall
Technology Coordinator*
*Waterbury/Duxbury School District*
*Washington West SU*

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Raymond Ballou <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Bram:
>
> I know Eric Hall used SL in his classroom, he often responds to the list
> off hours, so I am sure he will chime in ...
>
> SL has a VERY dark side, make sure your students don't wander off (when/if
> using an 18+ account).
>
> Minor accounts of course are cordoned off, and if its still the same way,
> it takes an FBI background check to become an approved adult that is
> allowed to interact with -16 student accounts.
>
> I don't thing the 16&17 accounts were available 'back in the day'
>
> update on an old issue of the electrical expense of avatars
>
> http://life-after-oil.blogspot.com/2010/02/energy-consumption-of-avatars.html<
> http://life-after-oil.blogspot.com/2010/02/energy-consumption-of-avatars.html
> >

> for those of you interested in SL in  general, there was always PD and
> networking opportunities in and around ISTE island.

> got anywhere with SL in the classroom? Or if David Wells and Tom Mays are
> on list and still doing things for PD?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.