I think that Vermont is short-changing our students by not offering formal
programming classes in high school. When I took programming classes at
Champlain College a few years ago, I found that most of the undergrads from
out of state had at least one year and in some cases two years of
programming in high school. Programming courses provide great problem
solving practice and are a good introduction to a skill set that is in such
high demand that our current job market has to import it from other
countries.

Doug Reaves