While this solution below will work for you principle, it will not allow
others in the group the same courtesy to see who they are sending messages
to.  It seems to me like all users should have this option.  If you use
Lisa's method, all users could see exactly who they are sending to without
making everyone a manager.

--
Mary Micklas