A lawyer won't be able to answer this question because the likely of
finding one that actually understands cloud computing is pretty slim, and I
am sure Google's lawyers could rip a hole in any dispute.

The issue is larger than just google apps, because it would include any
cloud computing.   Cloud-based backup services have similar access to
student data, even programs like power school which houses this data
externally.   The other thing to consider is who has more resources to keep
your data safe Google or what your school gives you for a budget.

*Bjorn Behrendt ~ Never Stop Learning*
*   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003*
*
   Services: Webdesign, Consulting, Training via WebEx
*
*   Follow me: Google+ <https://plus.google.com/108865324810272946151/posts>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/AskBjnet-Never-Stop-Learning/156186407768856>|
Android App <http://bit.ly/tez2pI> | Chrome
App<http://appdownload.conduit.com/?appid=d6ab936e-274f-42f4-bf56-4b4a531c35ac&download=true>
 | Newsletter <http://www.askbj.net/services/news-sign-up-form>*
*My Sites*
 ~ Google-Weekly.net <http://google-weekly.net/> ~ Podcast ~Episode 13 ~ If
I Could Travel In Time, I'd Visit... <http://bit.ly/x9rdF1>  (1/23/2012)
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources ~ Jan 2012
Newsletter<http://bit.ly/s0RXB5>

*Join me:* Feb 6th at 3:15est for the first GWPodcast Google Hangout: More
Info <http://www.google-weekly.net/p/eduvt-hangout.html>