What a disappointment that my Internet Explorer is not supported

Bill Clark

Austine School

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amanda Bickford
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Coding Lessons

Check this out:  http://www.codecademy.com/

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Steve Cavrak <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Jan 9, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Joanne Finnegan wrote:

Great stuff!  I'd love to see more options for kids to learn programming
skills in schools.  It just doesn't seem to be a priority any more and it is
doing a great disservice to our students to not have these opportunities.

It sort of begs the question ...

... how many of our teachers or of us have taken an online course recently ?

... how many of our teachers can program ?

... how many of us have learned a new / renewed programming language
recently ?

Maybe the code academy is an opportunity for us and the folks in VITA-LEARN
?  ... especially with the XO-3 release much rumored release coming up this
week at  CESS 2012 !!!

Last one in is a rotten egg :)

Steve

--