Hi There,
I want to invite everyone to look more closely within our own VT
borders for 1:1 guidance.
*
Collective Vision*
Here's the Roadmap for the Digital Wish 1:1 e-Vermont initiative,
running in 27 schools across the state. We developed this 3 years ago
based on 18 months of research on 1:1, plus input from Apple, Microsoft,
VPA, VSA, VSBA, NEA, 6 ESAs, and VITA-Learn.
http://schoolmodernizationinitiative.wordpress.com/the_initiative/vision/

*Replicating Success*
Unfortunately nearly every school we enter is re-inventing the wheel
with 1:1 computing. It's an incredibly costly waste of time and
resources. Digital Wish has reduced the planning time from 18 months,
down to just 6 weeks. Every step in the process has been modeled as we
go, for easy replication. Digital Wish is releasing 6 curriculum units
based on the NETS standards, all of which are part of the 1:1
implementation kit. If you are thinking about 1:1, you should consider
at least, getting the 1:1 kit:
http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/product?id=6554

*Vermont Data*
If you are trying to convince your board to fund 1:1, then here's
Digital Wish's Vermont research study on improvements in 1:1 computing,
based on surveys of 674 students and 45 teacher.
http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/news?id=143

*Guidance*
Implementing 1:1 computing _demands _you make an incredible number of
decisions, plus you will have to entirely re-design your PD approach -
or you won't succeed. Digital Wish can look at your 1:1 plan today, and
quickly tell you the downstream ramifications of most decisions you are
now considering.  Then we can share stories of what happened in other
Vermont schools that made the same wrong/right decisions, you are
potentially now about to make. If you want one of our experts to guide
you, or shoot holes in your plan, Digital Wish will provide a consultant
for $125/ hour or work on a monthly stipend to answer questions as you go.

*Argue for Technology*
Here is a video Digital Wish produced, to help you argue for technology
funding with your board and parents:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalWishChannel#p/a/u/0/kGDsryLUn8Y

All the best,
Heather Chirtea

--
Digital Wish, Executive Director
PO Box 1072, Manchester Center, VT 05255