On Jan 9, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Joanne Finnegan wrote:

> Great stuff!  I'd love to see more options for kids to learn programming skills in schools.  It just doesn't seem to be a priority any more and it is doing a great disservice to our students to not have these opportunities.

It sort of begs the question ...

... how many of our teachers or of us have taken an online course recently ?

... how many of our teachers can program ?

... how many of us have learned a new / renewed programming language recently ?

Maybe the code academy is an opportunity for us and the folks in VITA-LEARN ?  ... especially with the XO-3 release much rumored release coming up this week at  CESS 2012 !!!

Last one in is a rotten egg :)

Steve