Caleb
Do your student Accounts have access to Avairy in their Domain?  PIcassa?

I have found a few Apps that upload pictures from the ipad to a Picassa account.

In one school, we have configured the ipads to an email address within our Google domain that allows us to move them off the device to Picassa.

Lucie