This came through today and I spent a little time perusing it..

Some good resources here, worth sharing with teachers.  It appears to come from a Facebook consultant, but it seems fairly objective in its approach.  Some good ideas and check out the sample school policies referenced by the second of the two links…

5 TIPS FOR TEACHERS TO NAVIGATE FACEBOOK’S FEATURES & RISKS

The people at Facebook recognize the need for educators to understand how to use Facebook safely and effectively, not only for themselves but for their students as well. With this in mind, Facebook commissioned me and a team I chose to write the official Facebook for Educators guide. You can find our guide at http://facebookforeducators.org/.  Here are five Facebook fundamentals that educators need to know: 1) Privacy Settings, 2) Develop a School Facebook Policy, 3) Set a Friending Policy, 4) Use Groups & Pages, 5) Stay Current.

http://nyti.ms/vaJdZn

Peter Drescher

Education Technology Coordinator

Vermont Department of Education

Integrated Support for Learning Division

120 State St.

Montpelier, VT  05620

Ph.: 802.828.5149

FAX: 802.828.0573