On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Elizabeth McCarthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I’m confused…the pilot talks about netbook 1:1 yet they are buying iPads…was there a comparison study  to see which would be more viable in an ed setting?

Thank you for asking that, Elizabeth!   I second the question.  What were the specifications against which the Apple iPad was selected, and what other netbook or tablet products was it compared to?

Back-dooring a brand environment into a public school is a bad precedent.  Anything you add to an Apple you buy from the Apple Store.  This is an incredible long term financial commitment to a single entity.

-Bram