Just thought I'd pass on some emails from Google responding to changes of
Terms of Service for GAFE that were posted to one of my Google
certification groups.

---------------------------------

Hi everyone!

Thanks for asking about the changes.  First, I recommend reviewing our
official blog post and updated privacy policies page for more background
and information on our updates to privacy policy and terms of service.

Google Apps users will not have to accept any new ToS agreements. If you
have enabled any consumer apps on your domain your users may see
notifications about the updated privacy policy, mostly in the form of a
yellow butter bar at the top of their screen or a notification on the
google.com home page. The butter bar may show up on Google Search, YouTube,
iGoogle, Maps, News, or Translate. Google Apps users will not receive an
email in their account as an email was sent to the primary admin. Users may
receive email notifications to their personal consumer @gmail.com account,
however.

This new privacy policy does not change the contractual agreement for
Google Apps. Therefore, the updated Terms of Service do not change or
supercede the terms of your Google Apps agreement. The new ToS explains
that if users have a Google account and are signed in, we may combine
information they've provided from one service with information from other
services. We're not changing how any personal information is shared outside
of Google or the measures we take to protect information. Google will
continue to honor confidentiality and security obligations provided to your
domain.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Thanks!
Julia

Here's the public statement that you can share directly with districts.  It
is from the VP of Enterprise, Amit Singh:

“Enterprise customers using Google Apps for Government, Business or
Education have individual contracts that define how we handle and store
their data. As always, Google will maintain our enterprise customers’ data
in compliance with the confidentiality and security obligations provided to
their domain. The new Privacy Policy does not change our contractual
agreements, which have always superseded Google’s Privacy Policy for
enterprise customers.”

Thanks!
Julia

--