Eric,

How does Mitch know he had a virus -- when toxicology is omitted (as usual by
diagnosticians and media)?

It could very well be stove or boiler exhaust in the winter, levels rising when
windows are closed to keep out the cold wind.
See hospital study by Dolan et al.
ref: http://oem.bmj.com/content/59/10/708.full

They found misdiagnoses of flu to be very common for stove gas poisoning.

Jim West
http://harpub.co.cc/sflu/

===