This event is of national and indeed international relevance. I apologize
if you have received this notice from other sources. Kamran

****[image: UNAC]

*On December 31, President Obama signed into law the National Defense
Authorization Act (NDAA).  This legislation:*

* *

*•Directs $662 billion dollars desperately needed by the 99% for housing,
jobs, health care and schools towards war appropriations.*

* *

*•Slaps dangerous new sanctions on Iran. *

* *

*•Codifies indefinite detention without charges or trial on American soil.*

* *

*The sanctions on Iran, which will cause severe economic hardship for the
people of Iran and squeeze U.S. competitors like China who depend on
Iranian oil, are just one more step toward a new U.S. war.  The indefinite
detention threat will be used to silence activists for social change and to
ramp up Islamophobia and war fever here at home.  Already, on January 1, a
mosque in NYC and the homes of people of color were firebombed. Overall,
the billions of dollars just appropriated are going to be used for
provocative new military operations in the Middle East, Central Asia,
Africa, and the Pacific.*

* *

*And this is just the beginning of 2012. On May 19, the U.S. will be
hosting, simultaneously, the summits of the US led military coalition that
has destroyed Afghanistan and Libya and threatens Syria and Iran—NATO—and
the representative financial body of the rich nations—G8 — that are now
imposing austerity and inequality on people everywhere.*

* *

*Government leaders are preparing for expanded war and repression in 2012.
*

* *

*The 99% at home and around the globe will be watching to see if we are
able to respond effectively.*

* *

*Join us at a conference specifically designed to take up this challenge.*

*NATIONAL CONFERENCE*

United National Antiwar Coalition

*Say No! To the NATO / G8 Wars & Poverty Agenda*

A Conference to Challenge the Wars of the 1% on the 99% at Home and Abroad

*March 23-25, 2012      Stamford Hilton Hotel, CT*

(just one Metro North train stop from NYC)

The US-led North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the G-8 world
economic powers will meet in Chicago, May 15-22, 2012 to plan their
economic and military strategies for the coming period.  These military,
financial, and political leaders, who serve the 1 % at home and abroad, impose
austerity on the 99% to expand their profits, often by drones, armies, and
police.

Just as there is a nationally-coordinated attempt to curb the organized
dissent of the Occupy Wall St. movements, the federal and local authorities
want to deny us our constitutional rights to peacefully and legally protest
within sight and sound range of the NATO/G-8 Summits.  We must challenge
them and bring thousands to Chicago to stand in solidarity with all those
fighting US-backed austerity and war around the globe.

To plan these actions and further actions against the program of endless
war of the global elite, we will meet in a large national conference March
23-25 in Stamford CT. This conference will bring together activists from
the occupy movements, and the antiwar, social justice and environmental
movements. We will demand that Washington *Bring Our War Dollars Home Now!* and
use these trillions immediately for human needs.

*Workshop topics include:*

Occupy Wall St. & the Fight Against War       Global Economic Crisis
Climate Crisis and War       Women and War

War at Home on Black Community       War on the U.S.-Mexico Border
Islamophobia as a Tool of War       Labor

Defense of Iran and Syria      Afghanistan: Ten Years of Occupation
Is the U.S. Really Withdrawing from Iraq?

Updates on Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, and Yemen       What Next for the Arab
Spring?       Occupation of Haiti

U.S. Intervention in Honduras, Colombia, and the rest of Latin America
  No to Drone Warfare and Weapons in Space

Civil Liberties       Guantanamo, Torture and Rendition       U.S. Combat
Troops Involved in New Scramble for Africa

Control of Media      Imperialism       Nonviolence & Direct Action
Palestine: UN Statehood, Civil Resistance, BDS

Breaking the Siege of Gaza    Veterans Peace Team       Immigrant Rights
and War       Human Rights in South Asia

Fight for Our Right to Protest     No War, No Warming      No Nukes
Philippines & the Pacific
Bring Our War $$ Home

*Register now at **www.unacpeace.org* <http://www.unacpeace.org/>*.*

*Donate to send an occupier or student to this conference!*

*Donate to help build the NATO/G8 permitted protest!*

Send donations to: [log in to unmask] or

to use a credit card, go here:
https://nationalpeaceconference.org/Donate.html

****

** **

 To remove yourself from the UNAC listserv, please send an email to:
  To add yourself to the UNAC listserv, please send an email to:
<http:[log in to unmask]>