This event is of national and indeed international relevance. I apologize if you have received this notice from other sources. Kamran

UNAC

On December 31, President Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).  This legislation:

•Directs $662 billion dollars desperately needed by the 99% for housing, jobs, health care and schools towards war appropriations.

•Slaps dangerous new sanctions on Iran.

•Codifies indefinite detention without charges or trial on American soil.

The sanctions on Iran, which will cause severe economic hardship for the people of Iran and squeeze U.S. competitors like China who depend on Iranian oil, are just one more step toward a new U.S. war.  The indefinite detention threat will be used to silence activists for social change and to ramp up Islamophobia and war fever here at home.  Already, on January 1, a mosque in NYC and the homes of people of color were firebombed. Overall, the billions of dollars just appropriated are going to be used for provocative new military operations in the Middle East, Central Asia, Africa, and the Pacific.

And this is just the beginning of 2012. On May 19, the U.S. will be hosting, simultaneously, the summits of the US led military coalition that has destroyed Afghanistan and Libya and threatens Syria and Iran—NATO—and the representative financial body of the rich nations—G8 — that are now imposing austerity and inequality on people everywhere.

Government leaders are preparing for expanded war and repression in 2012.

The 99% at home and around the globe will be watching to see if we are able to respond effectively.

Join us at a conference specifically designed to take up this challenge.

NATIONAL CONFERENCE

United National Antiwar Coalition

Say No! To the NATO / G8 Wars & Poverty Agenda

A Conference to Challenge the Wars of the 1% on the 99% at Home and Abroad

March 23-25, 2012      Stamford Hilton Hotel, CT

(just one Metro North train stop from NYC)

The US-led North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the G-8 world economic powers will meet in Chicago, May 15-22, 2012 to plan their economic and military strategies for the coming period.  These military, financial, and political leaders, who serve the 1 % at home and abroad, impose austerity on the 99% to expand their profits, often by drones, armies, and police.

Just as there is a nationally-coordinated attempt to curb the organized dissent of the Occupy Wall St. movements, the federal and local authorities want to deny us our constitutional rights to peacefully and legally protest within sight and sound range of the NATO/G-8 Summits.  We must challenge them and bring thousands to Chicago to stand in solidarity with all those fighting US-backed austerity and war around the globe.

To plan these actions and further actions against the program of endless war of the global elite, we will meet in a large national conference March 23-25 in Stamford CT. This conference will bring together activists from the occupy movements, and the antiwar, social justice and environmental movements. We will demand that Washington Bring Our War Dollars Home Now! and use these trillions immediately for human needs.

Workshop topics include:

Occupy Wall St. & the Fight Against War       Global Economic Crisis       Climate Crisis and War       Women and War

War at Home on Black Community       War on the U.S.-Mexico Border       Islamophobia as a Tool of War       Labor

Defense of Iran and Syria      Afghanistan: Ten Years of Occupation       Is the U.S. Really Withdrawing from Iraq?

Updates on Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, and Yemen       What Next for the Arab Spring?       Occupation of Haiti

U.S. Intervention in Honduras, Colombia, and the rest of Latin America       No to Drone Warfare and Weapons in Space

Civil Liberties       Guantanamo, Torture and Rendition       U.S. Combat Troops Involved in New Scramble for Africa

Control of Media      Imperialism       Nonviolence & Direct Action       Palestine: UN Statehood, Civil Resistance, BDS

Breaking the Siege of Gaza    Veterans Peace Team       Immigrant Rights and War       Human Rights in South Asia

Fight for Our Right to Protest     No War, No Warming      No Nukes     Philippines & the Pacific   Bring Our War $$ Home

Register now at www.unacpeace.org.

Donate to send an occupier or student to this conference!

Donate to help build the NATO/G8 permitted protest!

Send donations to: [log in to unmask] or

to use a credit card, go here: https://nationalpeaceconference.org/Donate.html

 To remove yourself from the UNAC listserv, please send an email to:      [log in to unmask]
  To add yourself to the UNAC listserv, please send an email to:       [log in to unmask][log in to unmask]" target="_blank">